Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Morning After the Election

Something To Think About
HM
SOMETHING 
TO THINK ABOUT
On this morning after the election I just finished my breakfast, yet already:
 
I rejoiced with a friend who will be united with his wife--complicated immigration matter.  The solution has nothing to do with who won the election.  The right bureaucrat finally did the right thing.  I believe it is an answer to prayer.
 
I participated in an email conversation last night and this morning.  I'm privileged to help get some people who can help together with some people who need help.  Other than the tax on the gas we will burn, no government funds are involved.  It's the church being the church.
 
That issue above involves children.  I'm glad to say those children are, and will be, cared for.  Family and church family are pulling together to accomplish what an army of bureaucrats can't.
 
I've already touched base with three or four of God's choice servants this morning.  None of them were elected.  They were equipped by God and appointed by the church.  
 
In spite of the best intentions of both major political parties and all the third, fourth, and fifth party candidates there is still another storm brewing up north.
 
I've been troubled this morning by the need for God's people to seek reconciliation wherever possible.  I'm fairly sure there is no government program for that. 
 
My knees are still sore and my coffee still tastes good.
 
I'm not saying nothing has changed, but not everything has changed.  Lots of things, maybe most things, probably the most important things haven't changed.
 
Whether your side won or lost, I hope you will join me in saying, "My hope is in the Lord."

It's STTA.
Find lot's of information about how God stepped into our world to meet needs we cannot meet on our own here.

No comments:

Post a Comment