Wednesday, September 11, 2013

HEAT & PRESSURE

Before I go on to today's STTA I want to acknowledge, thank, and encourage prayer for our armed forces and first responders.  We live in a world of evil.  Those who respond to its manifestations are doing a good work.  They are, as the Apostle Paul says, "ministers of God." On this anniversary of the attack on New York and Washington, and the third attack foiled in the skies over Pennsylvania, let's remember to give thanks and pray for those who serve us.

Yesterday I wrote about making a smooth place and making our hearts hospitable for the Lord.  
The activity around CBC changed today.  Asphalt was put down.  Where just a few days before there was uneven ground, now there is a smooth, nicely sloped blacktop drive.  
As the guys were getting ready to do the paving, one of them asked if we had a hose.  He needed to put water in the big roller that compacts the asphalt.  As the rather narrow portion of the steel drum that contacts the paving material exerts its pressure the extremely hot asphalt is made dense and strong.  Did I mention it is hot?  Standing several feet away you can feel the heat radiating off the newly paved drive.  
What does it take to make a road the kind of road that is a pleasure to drive on?
Heat and pressure.

Lord.  I pray that you will make me pliable and mold me into the servant you want me to be.
Amen.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment