Tuesday, November 3, 2009

JUDGMENT:

Yesterday I sat in judgment-not as the one doing the judging, but as the one being judged.*It’s not fun. If I had been making the call I would have done it differently. My mind raced with, “Yeah, buts!” and “What about?s.” There was a part of me that wanted to say, “How can you judge us? You don’t even know the whole the story. But, I didn’t say anything. My part in the process was a silent one. And in that regard, I was right. I was not the one given the responsibility of passing judgment. My task is to learn from the process and do my job better. I couldn’t help but be reminded of the supreme Judge, and the verdict He will render. Unlike the panel before which my colleagues and I sat, the Lord has all knowledge-no extenuating circumstance escapes His notice. He judges based not only on the truth, but according to the truth of who I am.Before His scrutiny every mouth will stop. Not because we shouldn't speak, but because we will know that we have nothing to say. (Romans 3:19)

Don’t show up for that judgment unprepared.

It’s STTA.


*(Don’t worry. I’m not going to jail. The judgment had nothing to do with legal matters. This concerns the evaluation of an organization in which I’m involved. If you happen to know where I was & why, likewise don’t worry. Our organization is OK. We have some hoops to jump through, but none of them are on fire. We are and will be fine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment