Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Will you have a good Christmas, this year?

If your household is like mine, the Holiday Season has already begun. There is a tradition that I try to keep going in my home. My wife likes Poinsettias. I try to watch for the first ones to arrive in the stores, so I can get Kathy one early in the season. The first of the lovely red Christmas plants is on our dining room table.I tell you about our little tradition to remind you about one of the ways to insure that you have a good Christmas. Christmas is a wonderful time to emphasize family. Even though my little tradition involves purchasing a gift, I'm not talking primarily about buying, rather I'm encouraging us to look for ways to invest in those we love. Gifts that are bought may not last until New Year. Investing--giving our time, energy, and love--ourselves in our families will bring results that will last for eternity.The flower, lovely as it is, is like the wrapping on the gift. The gift is my love.If you truly give yourself--not just stuff--you're more likely to have a good Christmas.

It's Something to Think About.

No comments:

Post a Comment