Friday, November 20, 2009

WALKING THE WALK:

In a review of the movie Blind Side, (World Magazine) Megan Basham talks about the skepticism of our age. She quotes lead actor, Sandra Bullock, concerning her doubts about the reality of the faith of the family upon which the film is based--a Christian family. Bullock said that she had been impressed--or perhaps I should say "unimpressed" by people of faith "who use their faith and their religion as a banner but don't do the right things, yet still go, 'I'm a good Christian and I go to church and this is the way you should live your life,'" (Quoted in World article)There is a powerful lesson here for those of us who believe. It is a lesson that is as old as Christianity. James speaks about it in Chapter 2. Talk is cheap; in fact, it is free. Show me your faith, then maybe I'll be interested in listening to you. As Ms. Bullock said, "I finally met people who walk the walk."
It's Something to Think About.

No comments:

Post a Comment