Friday, May 17, 2013

SOAR!!


While on a walk this morning, I found a hawk lying in the road.  The light was almost gone from its eyes.  Chest barely moving.  
I figure it had been hit by a car that it didn't see, or make proper allowance for.  One moment it was swooping for a mouse or a rabbit,
thud,
and then a strange creature reached down and set it out of the road.  

As I walked on I thought, if that hawk had just made its home in some nearby farmyard, learning to scratch and eat corn, this wouldn't have happened.  As I walked further I concluded, I don't think he regretted soaring.
  
" . . . those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. 
They will soar high on wings like eagles. 
They will run and not grow weary. 
They will walk and not faint."  (Isaiah 40:31)

 
There is no guarantee that you won't get hit by a car, but soar anyhow. 
  
It's STTA
 

No comments:

Post a Comment