Friday, April 9, 2010

Guys, Bring a Book.

I read somewhere that women shop. Men go hunting. One of my daughter-in-laws recently noted proudly, that she had gone into a store for one thing and came out with only one thing. Translation: She managed to suppress the urge to shop. For a guy the point would probably be expressed more like: "I went into the store and didn't forget what I went for--or I found it without having to waste a lot of time." He had a successful hunt.
I can't vouch for the accuracy, but a recent survey says that the average American lady will spend three years shopping in her life-time. That's a lot of taking it off the rack, holding it up, and putting it back.
In case you haven't noticed, guys and gals are different. Guys, carry a book. Ladies, realize that just because he gets impatient spending five hours to go to ten stores, looking for one blouse, which you don't buy anyhow, doesn't mean that he doesn't care.
The teaching in the Bible recommends respect. I encourage enjoying the difference.

It's STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment