Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oldie, #3

My Dad has been gone, now, for about 20 years. I'm still working on being a Dad, and Father-in-law to my adult children, not to mention the Papa thing.
Both from observing the lack of father-involvement in many of the children and teens that I meet and from watching the generational influence in families I have known for decades, I am more convinced than ever of the value of a Dad's influence. It is essential.
This Sunday I invite you Dads, and all of you who would like to honor your Dad, or recognize fatherhood in general, to join us at 8:30 or 11:00.
Denny Tincher and I will be talking about passing on something worthwhile to the next generation.
Following the 11:00 service there will be a potluck picnic in honor of Dad.

Happy Father's Day from CBC.

It's STTA

No comments:

Post a Comment