Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oldie, #8:

Something to Think About for
August 6, 2008:



A friend of mine recently send me a story about a guy who shot his lawnmower. It's an amusing account.
". . . Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police, 'I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want.'"
What troubles me about the story is I totally understand. I would probably use a sledge-hammer rather than a gun, but I totally understand.
I have a lawnmower to work with, not work on. When something doesn't do that for which it is intended it is a source of great frustration. I clearly remember a day on which, if my dad had not been present with me, I would have thrown my chainsaw off
a cliff.
OK, here is a question for you and me. What is my purpose? Why did God create me, give me life, and place me in this world? The Westminster shorter catechism gives a great answer: ". . . to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever."
I sure am glad that God is more patient than I am.

It's STTA

Click here to read the story

More important: 2 Peter 3:9 tells us about God's great patience.

You can read about God's plan of salvation by clicking here:

No comments:

Post a Comment