Friday, May 7, 2010

THANKS MOM!

A little over sixty years ago Irene Merrell gave birth to her first-born, a son, me.
It is the first of many acts for which I am very thankful on this Mother's Day weekend. Thanks, Mom!
I grew up in the era when youngsters still got chicken-pox, measles, and mumps. Mom nursed me through all of them, plus a fractured collarbone, seriously messed up knee and an occasional broken heart. "I'm there for you." is a trite, often false, catch-phrase of our culture. In my life, though, in profoundly real ways, my Mom was there.
Unfortunately, my "Happy Mother's Day" won't be in person. Mom lives with one of my sisters. Thanks Sis' for being mom to Mom. Like many folk in her age bracket, Mom is dealing with some health issues. I hope to see her next month.

Not only to my Mom, but to all you ladies who make life so much better, and with cookies and milk to boot, Happy Mother's Day.


It is STTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment