Tuesday, November 1, 2011


I hate to pick a fight with the redhead from Charlottesville--him being dead and all, I think I could take him--but he was wrong   All men aren't created equal.
I'm watching Monday Night Football.  So far the Bears aren't doing so well.  Somebody is less equal.  But, that's not my point.  Sports announcers have to announce, and often they make stuff up.  I'll get back to that.  A few minutes ago a receiver for Detroit made a remarkable catch.  Said announcers needed to fill some space, so they filled it up with some arithmatic.  Take the player's height, reach and leaping ability, do the calculations that tell you how far he can reach foreward, backward, left, right, and up, and you come up with the same space contained in a two-card garage. 
Me? I can barely reach my orange-juice next to the couch.  Got that, Tom?  Not even close to equal.
I regularly read stuff online & think I'd really like to comment on that.  Then I think, the person who wrote that comment is way smarter than me.  I'll just stay out of this.  On the other hand I have conversations where things run the other direction.  I feel like I need to tie one hand behind my back to make it fair. 
"But," someone says, "that's not what Jefferson meant."  
Maybe not.  He goes on to speak about people being endowed by their Creator.. . .  I'm not all together sure that Tom really believed in the Creator, but since he brought Him up, I'll agree.  People who jump high or sit firm, folk who are smart, not so much, or average--as the children's song says, "Red, brown, yellow, black, and white. all are precious in his sight."  All have sinned, and all can find salvation in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment