Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thankful, #2

 


Thankful For So Much:


I sit in a warm, secure house.  The empty plate from my breakfast is by my side.  My lovely wife just came in from her daily exercise walk.  I'm not a prophet, but experience tells me that in a few minutes she'll fill my coffee cup with some fresh brew.  I'm working to be more aware of, and more thankful for all that is around me.  I'm not living like a proverbial ostrich; I know there are problems and I write with sensitivity for those who are dealing with true hardship.  I encourage all of us, even those who are having hard times, to follow the Apostle Paul's example.  
 
"I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me"  
(Philippians 4:12–13).
  

His words teach us that a spirit of thankfulness has less to with what we have, and more to do with the attitude in our heart.
 
Lord, make me more thankful.

And, by the way, I'm thankful for that refill, and the lovely lady who just brought it.  :)

I hope you'll join me in a time of greater thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment