Monday, November 14, 2016

In the Thanksgiving mode:

 


Thankful:


 Maybe it's the cold weather at night, more likely it is the fact that by the end of this week I'll be with my family for a visit that takes in the Thanksgiving holiday, but whatever the reason I shifted into Thanksgiving mode this morning.
It's good, but it is also sad.  Anytime we have a greater realization of God's goodness and an enhanced commitment to make His grace toward us known that is a good thing.  That I don't dwell in that state of gratitude all the time is sad.  I'm not going to spend any more time in that mental bog.  Instead I'll simply take this opportunity to thank the Lord and to ask Him to give me a greater awareness of His blessings that all around me.  I'm seeking to stay in the Thanksgiving mode.

I hope you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment