Friday, November 18, 2016

Thankful For Faithful Servants with Whom to Serve

Thankful For Faithful Servants with Whom to Serve:


"As long as you want us to, from now till the Lord returns, or whenever, I’ll be content to be your song leader, carry your bag, go anywhere, do anything you want me to do.”  Those were the words of Cliff Barrow, who continued to work with Billy Graham for six decades.  The song-leader and long-time associate of the most famous evangelist in the last century died November 15th.  You can read more about his remarkable life and career here.

I was privileged to work with a number of people who displayed that same kind of loyalty.  Like Barrows, my associates were/are not primarily dedicated to their human leader.  They saw working with me as an opportunity to serve the Lord.  For my part, I came to realize decades ago that my primary ministry was to provide an environment in which these faithful folk could do their ministry.  Even now, as Kathy and I have stepped out of leadership at CBC, some of those who started with me, back at the beginning, remain my front-line encouragers.

I'm thankful, more grateful than I can express.

My prayers are with the Barrows family.  I'm encouraged by his life well lived.  I'm thankful for his ministry and wonderful example.  Let's live and serve so others will be thankful while we remain, and thankful for what we have done, when we are gone.

To those with whom I have been privileged serve the Lord, Thank you.  And, Thank you Lord for those faithful associates.

No comments:

Post a Comment